Monday 4 March 2013

Tryll series by Amanda Hocking: Book three - Ascend

I finished this book today in under four hours. Wendy is in love with two guys, and neither are her husband. On top of all that drama she has to kill the Vittra king, her father. Her mother's health is depleting and she starts to form a loving bond with her. Loki comes back to Forening but this time, to stay. Finn is jealous but he knows he has to work with Loki to form an Army.
Will Wendy choose Finn or Loki?


Book three - Ascend

To be honest this book took me a while to get into. I loved learning more about Loki though. We see relationships form and become more complicated. The way Amanda brought her characters to life was breathtaking throughout the series. This book was much more intense than the other but for good reason. I loved the entire book but the whole pregnancy thing at the end seemed forced. I felt that Amanda just added that because she felt she had to, not because she wanted to, because during the entire series it is emphasized how important it is to produce offspring to keep the Trylle alive. Over all I loved this series, but I don't think I'll read the Watersong series, I already heard negative reviews, but you never know, only time can tell if I'll give it a go or not. I'll miss reading about Wendy and everyone is her life dearly. Luckily I'll have these amazing paperbacks forever.

Do yourselves a favor and read this. I know the troll thing isn't appealing but trust me, you'll change your mind on the first page of Switched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment