Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Secret Circle, Book One: The Initiation and The Captive Part 1, by L.J Smith

I was browsing around my local book store when I came upon this interesting book, it is quite thin, less pages than what I usually read but I gave it a shot. Surprisingly, I didn't like it too much, even though it's written by my favorite author (which I'm starting to doubt) but I guess when we get older our taste in books and writing changes. Anyway the book is about a girl named Cassie who lived in California but had to move to New England to help her mother care for her "sick" grandmother. At first she hates it there but she changes her mind a lot about whether she actually hates it so much. Her 'best friend", the nice girl seems too nice and idolized to me. No one can possibly have so much patience. The evil girl then seems too bitchy, which I don't think is THAT possible for a sixteen year old like herself, her evil seems more developed than it should be. Anyway what kept me reading was the main guy character, Adam, who had red hair and ocean blue eyes, he was cool.
Anyway the book has a good story line but it's slow paced and gets a bit boring. There is another book in the series and I will read it, because I hate starting a series and not finishing it. The only series I haven't finished because I hated it too much was P.C Cast's House Of Night  but that's a story for another day. The Secret Circle is intriguing, however, if you like new age poetry and magic.

The book is okay, if you want to read it, borrow it from someone, I don't think it's worth buying. Thanks xx

5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment