Tuesday 12 February 2013

hush, hush...

A fallen angel, a forbidden love.

I honestly can't give you any details about the book because if I did I'd be going on and on about it for ages. The series has ended now with it's final installment, Finale. I fished the series yesterday.

The book is about Nora Grey a "normal" high school girl. Her dad died, apparently a murder, but no one knew who killed him. In this four book series Nora must find out who she is, what her love interest, Patch is, and learn things that she never fathomed could be real.

All four books are exhilarating and you'll find yourself plunged into the story within the first few pages. You feel Nora's love, hatred, despair... all her emotions come at you like an explosion. I must say, Becca Fitzpatrick, the author, is extremely talented in bringing all her characters to life. I found myself creating a bond with each character, as if I knew them on a personal level.

An end must come to each and every series, although, I wished that this one would have lasted  forever. As soon as I reached the last few chapters of Finale, my heart fell into pieces, because of the amazing words that were written on  the pages but mostly, because It would be the last time I'd get to spend time with Nora, Patch, Vee and all the other perfectly formed characters.

Now sitting here, writing down my thoughts, my heart is aching because it feels as if I have lost some truly great friends. I actually feel like I'm missing a funeral.

All four books kept me turning pages all night. They made me lose interest in sleep all together, I'd rather stay awake till' all hours of the night reading. Not one book left me disinterested, that amazes me because usually authors become less connected with their characters after a while, but not Becca, she makes me believe that she stuck with her characters all along making them entirely true to themselves.












All the books are named above in the pictures. 


I would rate this series a whopping 10/10.

Do you know what would be cool? If Becca decided that in a few years she'd write a short story about "the family life" of Nora and Patch and then call the book Encore!

lol, lots of love!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment